|COURSE # 3 8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
Friday, April 7, 2017
Course Description* This speaker and topic is a change from the original offering.
“The Nuts and Bolts of Implant Dentistry from Gaining Case Acceptance to Full Mouth Restorations."
You will learn how to treat many of the everyday issues we are confronted with when planning and restoring implant cases. The concise methods taught in this course will help you enjoy restoring implants. We will also discuss the importance of the team approach to help with gaining beautiful long term results in implant dentistry, and gaining case acceptance through proper communications.
This course will cover:
• Evaluating the esthetic risk profile, and utilizing the SAC assessment tool
• Gaining case acceptance in the hygiene visit
• The use of guide templates
• Techniques to minimize or eliminate cement problems
• Locators: Process in the mouth or out
• Impression techniques to relate subgingival contours to the lab technician
• Steps for restoring full arch early load implant cases, The Pro Arch Concept
• Creating anterior immediate load temporary crowns
• The latest and greatest new abutments utilized in full mouth restorations (SRA)
• Working with your specialist and how to communicate utilizing the team approach
Dr. Zola Makrauer, his patients, and his team have benefited from the interdisciplinary care process. He has had extensive training in cosmetic, and implant reconstructive dentistry, and maintains a full time practice in Huntingdon Valley, PA.
He speaks nationally and internationally on Practice Management and Implant Restorative dentistry. Dr. Makrauer is a part time clinical instructor at the Kornberg School of Dentistry. Additionally, he has been published in a national peer review dental journal, The Compendium, and has also been published in Starget. Dr. Makrauer maintains memberships with numerous dental organizations and is a Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI) of Basel, Switzerland and a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Makrauer is also the past president of the Eastern Dental Society.
Please note: this course is held in conjunction with the Third District. For proper credit, please register with your district.